Tuna and tofu spring rolls
Tuna and tofu spring rolls make a delicious and inexpensive starter or main course. Season wisely and serve with sweet chili sauce and hot rice for a tasty meal.
- 180 grams tuna in water or brine, drained
- 100 grams tofu finely chopped and excess water squeezed out
- 1 heaping teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 heaping teaspoon black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 20 pieces large spring roll wrappers
- 2 cups cooking oil for frying
Flake the drained tuna. Place in a mixing bowl with the tofu, sauces, herbs, salt, pepper and one egg. Mix well.
Separate the spring roll wrappers. Place a heaping teaspoonful of filling at the center and wrap (see step-by-step guide on how to wrap spring rolls which will also show you where the reserved beaten egg goes).
Heat the oil until fine wisps of smoke appear.
Fry the spring rolls in batches until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels or positioned upright in a strainer.
Serve the tuna and tofu spring rolls with sweet chili sauce.