Vietnamese Banana Spring Rolls with Mango Coconut Ice Cream
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into small cubes to measure one to one and a half cups
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts, roughly chopped and toasted; cooled
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted and cooled
- 15 small spring roll wrappers, (if using large wrappers, just cut in half)
- white sugar, optional
- cooking oil, for deep frying
- mango coconut ice cream, to serve (see notes after the recipe)
- Lay a spring roll wrapper flat. Place a heaping tablespoon of banana cubes, half teaspoon of nuts and half a teaspoon of sesame seeds (and a sprinkle of sugar, if you like) and wrap. Make sure to seal the edges by dabbing with water or egg wash.
- Repeat until all the wrappers have been filled or until you run out of filling, whichever comes first.
- In a wok or frying pan, heat enough cooking oil to reach a depth of at least two inches.
- Fry the banana spring rolls in batches just until golden and crisp.
- Drain the banana spring rolls on paper towels.
- Serve with mango coconut ice cream.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.