Vegetables, Naruto and Mushroom Miso Soup
- Boil about seven cups of water in a pot.
- Ladle half a cup of the boiling water into a bowl. Stir in the miso paste until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the cabbage, chayote and tomatoes to the boiling water. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for another five to seven minutes, depending on how large the mushrooms are.
- Empty the contents of the dashi packets directly into the pot. Add the dried wakame and naruto. Stir. Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the miso paste. Cover the pot and leave for another 10 minutes to allow the soup to rest and for the wakame and naruto to rehydrate.