Vegetables, Naruto and Mushroom Miso Soup
Cabbage, tomatoes, dried wakame and naruto are added to basic miso soup for a hearty soup to snack on all day.
- Boil about seven cups of water in a pot.
- Ladle half a cup of the boiling water into a bowl. Stir in the miso paste until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the cabbage, chayote and tomatoes to the boiling water. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for another five to seven minutes, depending on how large the mushrooms are.
- Empty the contents of the dashi packets directly into the pot. Add the dried wakame and naruto. Stir. Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the miso paste. Cover the pot and leave for another 10 minutes to allow the soup to rest and for the wakame and naruto to rehydrate.
The dried wakame and naruto used in this soup were bought in Taiwan, believe it or not. The wakame and naruto came together in a pack. If you don’t have something similar, you can use dried wakame and fresh naruto. Fresh naruto is sold chilled. Just slice and add to the bowl of hot soup.