Vegan Teriyaki Noodles
- 120 grams fresh ramen
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced white cabbage
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots , or use onion
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce, I used Kikkoman
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- ¼ teaspoon grated ginger, (see notes after the recipe)
- honey, to taste (optional)
- 1 drizzle sesame seed oil
- toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Boil about six cups of water in a pot.
- Drop in the noodles.
- When the water boils again, scoop out the noodles and plunge in iced water. Drain well.
- Into the boiling water, add the broccoli florets and diced cabbage. Cook for one minute.
- Scoop out, plunge in iced water and drain.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Pour the soy sauce, sake and mirin.
- Stir in the ginger.
- Boil gently until reduced to half.
- Taste. If you want the teriyaki sauce to be a little sweeter, add honey or sugar.
- Add the noodles and vegetables to the sauce.
- Drizzle in a little sesame seed oil.
- Stir and toss alternately just until heated through.
- Top the vegan teriyaki noodles with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.