Ube Pancake Sandwiches
- Imagawayaki Pan
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and salt.
- Pour in the honey and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Sift the flour and baking powder directly into the egg-milk mixture.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Cover the bowl and rest the pancake batter in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the imagawayaki pan on the stove and brush the molds with oil.
- Pour pancake batter into half of the molds. DO NOT OVERFILL. Half-filling the molds is ideal.
- When the batter starts to bubble along the edges, place about two tablespoonfuls of ube jam on top of the batter.
- Fill the rest of the molds with the same amount of batter.
- Loosen an ube-topped pancake and carefully flip on top of a plain pancake to sandwich the filling inside. Cook for a few minutes until the batter is cooked through and the filling is hot (see notes after the recipe).
- Repeat for the rest of the batter and ube jam.
- Serve the ube pancake sandwiches while hot.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.