Sweet Spicy Shrimps with Edamame
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 shallot peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 to 8 shrimps peeled and deveined (frozen whole shrimps were used in this recipe, hence, the short cooking time)
- ½ cup edamame (the link leads to instructions for cooking edamame in the microwave)
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- rice to serve
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds black was used here but any color is fine
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan until just starting to smoke.
- Dump in the shelled and deveined shrimps with the chopped shallot.
- Sprinkle in a generous pinch of salt.
- Stir fry for a minute.
- Add the cooked edamame and stir fry for a minute.
- Pour in the sweet chili sauce and toss to allow the sauce to coat everything in the pan.
- Serve the sweet chili shrimps with edamame over hot rice sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.