Sweet Spicy Shrimps with Edamame
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 to 8 shrimps, peeled and deveined (frozen whole shrimps were used in this recipe, hence, the short cooking time)
- ½ cup edamame, (the link leads to instructions for cooking edamame in the microwave)
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- rice, to serve
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, black was used here but any color is fine
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan until just starting to smoke.
- Dump in the shelled and deveined shrimps with the chopped shallot.
- Sprinkle in a generous pinch of salt.
- Stir fry for a minute.
- Add the cooked edamame and stir fry for a minute.
- Pour in the sweet chili sauce and toss to allow the sauce to coat everything in the pan.
- Serve the sweet chili shrimps with edamame over hot rice sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.