Sweet Potato Tea Cakes
- Rinse and scrub the sweet potatoes well.
- Place the cleaned sweet potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, cover the pot and simmer for about 20 minutes or until a knife inserted at the center goes through without resistance.
- Cool the sweet potatoes.
- While the sweet potatoes cool, toast the rice flour in an oil-free pan until lightly browned. Cool.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and mash. You will need two cups of mashed sweet potatoes.
- Add the salt and rice flour to the sweet potatoes (see notes at the end of the recipe). Mix lightly but thoroughly. Overmixing will make the mixture sticky and lumpy.
- Taste the sweet potato mixture. If you want to sweeten it some more, add sifted powdered sugar, no more than a tablespoon at a time.
- Form the sweet potato mixture into small balls.
- Press each ball into the mold then use the handle to release.
- Serve the sweet potato tea cakes with hot tea.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.