Stir Fried Tofu, Mushrooms, Bean Sprouts and Spinach
- 300 grams firm tofu
- 2 to 3 cups cooking oil
- 1 one-inch knob ginger, julienned
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 150 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 200 grams spinach, rinsed, drained and roughly chopped
- 200 grams mung bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- sesame seed oil
- Lightly press the tofu between stacks of paper towels to remove excess water before cutting into half-inch cubes.
- Heat the cooking oil. When smoking, add the tofu cubes and fry until golden.
- Scoop out the tofu and drain on paper towels. Pour off the cooking oil until only about two tablespoonfuls remain.
- Reheat the oil. Add the ginger, garlic and onion and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms. Stir fry for thirty seconds.
- Add the spinach and stir fry for half a minute.
- And the mung bean sprouts. Stir fry just until the vegetables lose volume, about one minute.
- Pour in the oyster sauce and toss to blend.
- Add the fried tofu.
- Sprinkle in a little salt and pepper.
- Stir fry for another thrrty seconds or just until the tofu cubes are heated through and the seasonings are well-distributed.
- Turn off the heat, taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Drizzle with a little sesame seed oil, toss and serve at once.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.