Stir-fried Korean Fish Cakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 sheets Korean fish cake, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup sake
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup thinly sliced bok choy tips
- 1 large tomato, center removed then thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- sliced scallions, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Heat the sesame seed oil and saute the garlic until fragrant.
- Add the fish cakes to the garlic, toss to coat each piece with oil and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Pour in the sake, stir and cook until the fish cakes are soft and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Drizzle in the soy sauce and sprinkle in the sugar. Stir.
- Add the bok choy tips, tomato and onion. Stir fry for a minute or so or just until the vegetables are done.
- Transfer the stir-fried fish cakes and vegetables to a bowl, garnish with sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve hot.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.