Steamed Whole Tilapia
- Fill the steamer pot with enough water to reach a depth of two inches and start heating it.
- Wipe the tilapia with paper towels and score both sides.
- Rub the salt and pepper on the entire fish including the cavity.
- Tie the scallion stalks into a knot.
- Stuff the cavity of the fish with the knotted scallions and half of the ginger.
- Lay the tilapia in shallow heat-proof bowl.
- Scatter the sliced scallions, remaining ginger and chilies over the fish.
- When the water is boiling briskly, lay the bowl in the steamer basket and cover the steamer.
- Turn the heat to medium and steam the tilapia for 20 minutes.
- Carefully lift the bowl from the steamer basket and serve the steamed whole tilapia immediately.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.