I used to be a non-fan of instant ramen. The year 2020 changed that. This was the first instant ramen hack we did at home. And we did it not on a whim but because we had to get creative with whatever we had.
The net weight of a pack of instant noodles varies from brand to brand. We use 90-gram packs, and two are usually enough to feed the four of us in the family. If you’re used to larger servings, add another pack or two of noodles, and adjust the amount of mushrooms accordingly.
Spicy Instant Ramen with Oyster MushroomsRecipe by
- Cut off the root ends of the oyster mushrooms and discard. If the mushrooms are large, tear them into smaller pieces.
- Boil water in a pan and drop in the noodles (reserve the seasonings). Drain the noodles.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the oyster mushrooms with the seasoning from one pack of instant noodles.
- Add the boiled noodles to the mushrooms. Toss.
- Add the seasoning from the second pack of noodles.
- Continue tossing until the noodles are heated through and the seasonings are distributed evenly.