Spicy Instant Ramen with Oyster Mushrooms
Oyster mushrooms are added to two packs of spicy instant ramen to lessen the heat, add nutrients and give the cooked dish better texture. A fast and delicious meal.
- Cut off the root ends of the oyster mushrooms and discard. If the mushrooms are large, tear them into smaller pieces.
- Boil water in a pan and drop in the noodles (reserve the seasonings). Drain the noodles.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the oyster mushrooms with the seasoning from one pack of instant noodles.
- Add the boiled noodles to the mushrooms. Toss.
- Add the seasoning from the second pack of noodles.
- Continue tossing until the noodles are heated through and the seasonings are distributed evenly.
The net weight of a pack of instant noodles varies from brand to brand. We use 90-gram packs, and two are usually enough to feed the four of us in the family. If you’re used to larger servings, add another pack or two of noodles, and adjust the amount of mushrooms accordingly. Updated from a post originally published in March 15, 2020.
Looking for Filipino food?Visit CASA Veneracion for modern twists on favorite classics!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.