Soy Calamansi Noodle Stir Fry
- 150 grams dried egg noodles
- 100 grams pork, sliced thinly then cut into strips and seasoned very lightly with salt and pepper
- 150 grams mushrooms, whatever variety you prefer
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 8 green beans, stringed then sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 4 shallots, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded white cabbage
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
For the sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons calamansi juice, (see notes after the recipe)
- 1 generous pinch sugar
- Cook the noodles in boiling water. For best results, undercook them a bit so they can finish cooking in the sauce later. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare all the ingredients for the meat-vegetable stir fry.
- In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Add the pork and stir fry just until the meat changes color.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the following order and with a 30-second interval between each addition: shallots, garlic, green beans and cabbage (these two at the same time), the julienned carrot and, finally, the sliced mushrooms. Season with more pepper if you like.
- Add the noodles. Pour in the sauce.
- Stir fry until the noodles are heated through and has absorbed the sauce.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.