For the eggs
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Marinate the chicken
- In a bowl, stir together the chicken, cooking oil, soy sauce, sake, mirin, ginger and sugar.
- Cover and set aside.
Cook the omelet
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with salt and sugar.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan and pour in the eggs. Tilt the pan to allow the eggs to spread. Cook until set.
- Transfer the omelet to a cutting board. Roll up then cut into thin strips. Set aside.
Cook the soboro
- Reheat the frying pan. Spread the chicken with the marinade evenly.
- Cook over medium-high heat for about a minute then stir. Continue cooking, with occasional stirring, until the liquid has dried up.
Assemble the soboro don
- Ladle cooked Japanese rice into three bowls.
- Top the rice with soboro, egg and scallions.
- Serve the soboro don immediately.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.