Smoked Salmon and Furikake Onigiri
- Rinse the Japanese rice until the water runs clear. Cook in the rice cooker.
- While the rice cooks, soak the black fungus in hot water until softened and doubled in volume. Drain and chop.
- Take the cooked rice and spread on a tray. Use a fork to fluff it up. Cool completely.
- Mix all the ingredients together except for the lettuce.
- With wet hands (to prevent the rice from sticking on your skin) or using an onigiri mold, shape the rice mixture into balls or flattened triangles (or whatever shape you prefer, really).
- Serve your smoked salmon and furikake onigiri.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.