Slow Cooker Chinese-style Beef Tendon
- Line the bottom of the slow cooker with non-stick paper.
- Arrange the beef tendons in the paper-lined pot.
- Pour in half of the soy sauce.
- Add the ginger, garlic, star anise and peppercorns then pour in just enough water to cover.
- Cook the beef tendons on HIGH for about eight hours, or on LOW for about 12 hours.
- Scoop the beef tendons from the broth and cool (do not discard the broth; you can add it to soup).
- Cut the beef tendons into bite-size pieces and arrange on small plates.
- Mix together the remaining soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, as much or as little chili oil as you like and just enough sugar to create a good balance of flavors.
- Drizzle the sauce over the beef tendons.
- Serve your Chinese-style beef tendons at room temperature or heat in the steamer for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle scallions and fried garlic before serving.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.