Shrimp Miso Soup
- Place the shrimps in a shallow bowl and drizzle the fish sauce over them. Toss lightly.
- Heat about six cups water in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Using a ladle, take about half a cup of hot water from the pot and pour into a bowl. Stir in the miso paste until smooth.
- Dump the mixture of dried mushrooms, seaweed and vegetables into the pot. Cover and simmer for five minutes.
- Turn up the heat to high. Add the shrimps to the vegetables and cook until they change color, about two minutes.
- Drizzle the dashi granules into the pot. Stir.
- Turn off the heat. Pour in the diluted miso paste. Stir.
- Serve the shrimp miso soup immediately.