Shrimp and Cheese Fried Spring Rolls
- Place the scallions, chili and garlic in a bowl. Toss.
- Add the shrimps and cheese.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Lay a spring roll wrapper and spread a tablespoon of the shrimp-cheese mixture at the center.
- Moisten the edges of the wrapper with egg wash, roll and seal the spring roll (see step-by-step guide).
- Repeat to use up all the filling and wrappers.
- Heat enough cooking oil to reach a depth of at least two inches.
- Fry the spring rolls in batches until lightly browned and crisp.
- Serve the shrimp cheese fried spring rolls with Japanese mayo topped with chili flakes.