Shiitake Green Beans Shigureni
Shiitake and green beans shigureni makes a wonderful vegan main course or an omnivore's side dish. What can I say? Shigureni sauce is so versatile that it goes well with veggies too!
- Slice the mushroom caps.
- String the beans and cut on the bias into half-inch slices.
- Peel, halve and thinly slice the onion.
- Heat the soy sauce, rice wine, ginger and sugar in a pan.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, onion and beans.
- Cook over high heat just until the beans are done.
- Drizzle in the sesame seed oil. Toss a few times.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms and beans with toasted sesame seeds before serving.
If using dried mushrooms, rehydrate in hot water for 20 to 25 minutes, or longer. If still not soft enough, simmer in water until the fully softened. Updated from a recipe originally published in 11/03/2014
5 Asian Cooking SecretsSign up to begin your Asian food adventure!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.