Poached Chicken with Ginger Scallion Sauce
Ginger scallion sauce
To cook the chicken
- Make the ginger scallion sauce by mixing together all the ingredients in a bowl. Cover loosely and set aside.
Poach the chicken
- Put the ginger and scallions in a pot and pour in the rice wine and two cups of water. Stir in the salt.
- Pat the chicken thigh fillets dry with kitchen paper and slide into the pot.
- Set the heat to high and bring the chicken to the boil. Cook the chicken, uncovered, for three minutes (that allows the internal temperature of the chicken to reach or even go over 165F so you don’t get salmonella).
- Cover the pot, turn off the stove and leave the chicken thigh fillets to finish cooking in the residual heat for seven minutes to ten minutes, depending on how thick they are.
- Scoop out the chicken thigh fillets, dump into a bowl of icy water and leave them there for 30 seconds. Scoop out and drain well.
Assemble the dish
- Slice the chicken thigh fillets and arrange in a bowl.
- Drizzle the Sichuan chili oil sauce over and around the chicken.
- Gently drop ginger scallion sauce on the chicken using a teaspoon.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and serve.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.