Pan-grilled Eggplant with Calamansi Chili Sauce
- Make the sauce by mixing together the fish sauce, kalamansi juice, chili, ginger, garlic and sugar with about four tablespoonfuls of water.
- Cut off and discard the top end of the eggplant. Split lengthwise then cut into half inch slices. Toss with the palm oil.
- Heat a non-stick pan.
- Arrange the eggplant slices, cut side down, in a single layer.
- Cook over medium-high heat for about two minutes or until nicely browned.
- Flip the eggplant slices over and cook for another two minutes.
- Flip the eggplant slices again. Pour in the prepared sauce. Boil gently for a minute.
- Turn the eggplant slices one last time. Boil for another minute.
- Transfer the cooked eggplant slices to a plate. Drizzle any remaining sauce over them.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.