Pad See Ew
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark sloy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar (see notes after the recipe)
To complete the dish
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (see notes after the recipe)
- 4 chicken thigh fillets cut into thin strips (see notes after the recipe)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 eggs
- baby bok choy root ends cut off (again, see notes after the recipe)
- 225 grams wide rice noodles soaked in warm water for 40 minutes then drained
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon cooking oil in a wok or frying pan.
- When the oil starts to smoke, spread the chicken strips in the hot oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Allow the bottom to brown before stirring.
- Add the garlic to the chicken and stir fry just until the chicken is cooked through.
- Throw in the bok choy, sprinkle in a little salt and pepper, and stir fry just until the greens start to wilt.
- Push the chicken and greens to the edges of the pan to create a well at the center.
- Crack the eggs directly into the well. Stir until the eggs are set.
- Scoop out the contents of the pan, transfer to a plate and keep hot.
- Heat the remaining cooking oil in the wok or frying pan and dump in the drained rice noodles. Stir to coat the noodles with oil.
- Pour in the sauce. Stir and toss the noodles around to distribute the sauce evenly.
- Slowly pour in a quarter cup of water around the perimeter of the noodles.
- Cover the wok or pan and allow the noodles to fully cook.
- Stir the noodles and make sure they have absorbed the water.
- Add the stir fried chicken, greens and eggs and toss to distribute everything evenly.