Nasi Kuning (Indonesian Yellow Rice)
- Dump the rinsed and drained rice in a pan and stir in the coconut milk.
- Add the lemongrass, pandan leaf, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, salt and turmeric, and stir to dissolve the turmeric powder in the coconut milk.
- Bring to a gentle boil, lower the heat and cover the pan.
- Cook until the rice has absorbed all the coconut milk.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork, cover the pan once more and leave to continue cooking in the residual heat for another five minutes.