Nasi Kerabu (Malaysian Butterfly Pea Rice)
- Rinse the jasmine rice several times until the water is no longer cloudy.
- Drain the rinsed rice and place in the rice cooker and pour in 4 ½ cups of water. Leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Stir the salt into the rice.
- Add the lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves to the rice, and switch on the rice cooker.
- Place the butterfly pea flowers in a cup and pour in half a cup of hot water. Leave to steep.
- When the rice is done, uncover the cooker and rake through the grains with a fork to fluff up the rice.
- Strain the butterfly pea flower brew and drizzle over the cooked rice. Stir lightly.
- Replace the rice cooker lid and leave the rice to continue cooking in the residual heat (no, don't turn on the rice cooker again) for another five minutes.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.