Mixed Vegetables Agebitashi
To complete the dish
- cooking oil, for deep frying
- toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
Prepare the vegetables
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into wedges.
- Scoop out the seeds of the squash and discard. Peel the squash and cut into wedges.
- Cut each eggplant into halves vertically. Cut into half-inch slices.
- Trim the ends and sides of the green beans.
Make the sauce
- Stir together all the ingredients for the sauce. Make sure that the dashi is completely dissolved.
- Pour the sauce into a wide shallow bowl.
Fry the vegetables
- In a wok or frying pan, heat enough cooking oil to reach a depth of at least three inches.
- Deep fry the vegetables, one kind at a time. Scoop out with a kitchen spider to allow excess oil to drip off.
- Drop the fried vegetables into the sauce. Make sure every piece is soaked in sauce.
- Leave the vegetables to soak for another 30 minutes.
- Serve the mixed vegetables agebitashi at room temperature topped with toasted sesame seeds.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.