- Cut the tofu into half-inch cubes.
- Soak the dried wakame in hot water until rehydrated and softened.
- In a pot, heat the dashi until barely simmering.
- Drain the wakame and squeeze off excess water; save the soaking water.
- Cut the wakame into half inch slices.
- Place the miso paste in a cup, add the still hot soaking liquid and add just enough dashi from the pot to dissolved the miso into a thin paste.
- Pour the miso into the dashi (make sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the cup), add the wakame and tofu.
- Stir the miso soup and when it comes to a simmer once more, turn off the heat.
- Stir in the scallions before serving.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.