Japanese Egg Sandwich
For the sandwiches
- 6 slices soft white bread
- salted butter
Make the filling
- Place the eggs in a sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Strain the eggs and dump into a bowl of iced water. Leave to cool for five minutes.
- Shell the eggs and mash with the back of a fork. How chunky or smooth is up to you.
- Stir the mayonnaise into the eggs.
- Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper, stir and taste. Add more, as needed.
Assemble the sandwiches
- Spread butter on one side of all slices of bread.
- Divide the egg filling into three portions and spread on portion on a buttered slice of bread.
- Cover the egg filling with the remaining bread, buttered side touching the egg filling.
- Press down the sandwiches lightly to remove air pockets.
- Optionally, cut off and discard the edges of the bread, and cut the sandwiches into smaller pieces, before serving.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.