- 300 grams fresh Asian egg noodles, (see notes after the recipe)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, we used palm oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- ground pepper, to taste
- juice from half a lime or lemon, (optional but highly recommended)
- sliced scallions, to garnish
- grated cheese, (we used Pecorino), to garnish
- Blanch the noodles in boiling water, drain, dump in a bowl of iced water, allow to get cold than drain again.
- In a wok, heat the oil and butter.
- Saute the garlic for a few minutes until just starting to brown.
- Add the noodles and toss thoroughly to coat each strand with the flavorful oil.
- Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and fish sauce.
- Toss the noodles until the sauces have been distributed evenly and the noodles are heated through.
- Divide the garlic noodles among four bowls.
- Optionally, squeeze lemon juice over the noodles.
- Sprinkle the garlic noodles with scallions and grate cheese directly over each bowl before serving.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.