This isn’t the classic kimchi jiggae but more like the instant version of the real thing. The dish was born in April of 2020 when having groceries delivered was such a challenge that we didn’t want to be profligate with usable food items.
If you have extra seasoning and/or spice paste from a pack of instant ramen, use them to make this simple fish cakes and kimchi jiggae. Cook time? No more than 10 minutes.
Fish Cakes and Kimchi JiggaeRecipe by
- Boil three cups of water in a sauce pan.
- Stir in the seasoning powder.
- Drop in the kimchi (with the juices) and sweet potato cubes.
- Cover the pan and simmer for five to seven minutes.
- Stir in the fish cakes and spice paste.
- Simmer for another two to three minutes.
- Taste and add fish sauce, if needed.
- Garnish with scallion slices before serving your fish cakes and kimchi jiggae.