Crispy Chow Mein
- 1 pack instant noodles
For the stir fry
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Cook the noodles in boiling water. Drain and cool.
- Heat two tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan. Spread the chicken in the hot oil, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, and fry until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and onion to the chicken; cook just until the onion slices soften.
- Add the carrot, bell pepper and spinach, at half-minute intervals. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce with half a cup of water and pour into the pan. Cook, stirring, until thick and no longer cloudy.
- Heat enough cooking oil in a pan to reach a depth of at least three inches.
- Drop the drained and cooled noodles into the hot oil. Fry until crisp.
- Scoop out the noodles and lay on a plate.
- Top with the chicken and vegetables stir fry.
- Serve your crispy chow mein immediately.