Crispy Chow Mein
Give your pack of instant noodles an upgrade by transforming it into crispy chow mein. The recipe below comes with a video.
- 1 pack instant noodles
For the stir fry
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Cook the noodles in boiling water. Drain and cool.
- Heat two tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan. Spread the chicken in the hot oil, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, and fry until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and onion to the chicken; cook just until the onion slices soften.
- Add the carrot, bell pepper and spinach, at half-minute intervals. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce with half a cup of water and pour into the pan. Cook, stirring, until thick and no longer cloudy.
- Heat enough cooking oil in a pan to reach a depth of at least three inches.
- Drop the drained and cooled noodles into the hot oil. Fry until crisp.
- Scoop out the noodles and lay on a plate.
- Top with the chicken and vegetables stir fry.
- Serve your crispy chow mein immediately.
Looking for Filipino food?Visit CASA Veneracion for modern twists on favorite classics!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.