- In a bowl, mix together the crab meat, corn, salt, pepper and starch.
- Divide the crab mixture into eight equal portions and shape each portion into a patty about an inch thick.
- Place the flour, egg and panko in separate shallow bowls.
- Dredge each crab patty in flour, coat with egg then cover with panko.
- In a frying pan, heat enough cooking oil to reach a depth of at least two inches.
- Fry the crab patties (in batches if your frying pan is not so wide) until the coating is golden and crisp.
- Drain the cooked crab furai on paper towels.
- Stir lemon juice into the mayonnaise — just enough to make a pleasant balance.
- Serve the crab furai with the blended Japanese mayonnaise, and lemon wedges on the side.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.