If you can get shucked clams, frozen or canned, you can cook this dish in under ten minutes.
If you have to start with fresh clams, you’ll need to soak them for several hours to expel sand, parboil or steam them to make the shells open and then carefully remove the clam meat from the shells.
If you substitute dried rice noodles, you will need to soak them to soften before tossing with the clams and sauce.
Clams and Noodle Stir FryRecipe by
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying fan.
- Saute (medium heat, of course) the scallions and garlic until fragrant.
- Turn up the heat and add the shucked clams.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Stir fry just until heated through.
- Pour in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce and oyster sauce. Toss.
- Add the noodles.
- Stir fry just until the noodles are heated through.
- Off the heat, drizzle in the chili oil and sesame seed oil, and toss a few more times.
- Garnish with more sliced scallions before serving the clams and noodles stir fry.