Chinese Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes
The eggs are light as a cloud and, when mixed with softened tomatoes and a slightly sticky sauce, you'll want a second helping. Chinese scrambled eggs with tomatoes is delicious.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Dump the corn starch in 1/3 cup of vegetable broth and mix until smooth.
- Heat half of the cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Pour in the eggs and, over medium-low heat, cook with constant stirring just until the edges are set but the center is still wet (see how to cook perfect scrambled eggs).
- Scoop out the eggs and move to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan. Turn up the heat to medium.
- Saute the tomato wedges with half of the scallions. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Cook until the tomatoes are softened.
- Pour in the broth-starch solution. Cook, stirring, until thickened and clear. If the sauce appears too thick, pour in the remaining broth and stir until smooth. Taste and add more salt and pepper, IF needed.
- Add the eggs to the tomatoes. Stir gently. Cook just until heated through.
- Sprinkle the remaining scallions over the Chinese scrambled eggs with tomatoes before serving. It’s good with bread or rice.
Updated from a recipe originally published in 1/19/2017
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Looking for Filipino food?Check out CASA Veneracion’s Modern Filipino recipes!