Slice Chinese sausages and cook over low heat to render fat. Add beaten eggs and cook, stirring, just until set. Scoop out and serve over rice for a fast, easy and tasty breakfast.
Cook the eggs in rendered fat? Oh, yes! You really don’t want to waste the highly flavorful fat that comes out of the sausages. If you’re wondering what makes the fat so delicious, it’s useful to know a little bit about Chinese sausages.
Chinese Sausage Omelette Rice BowlRecipe by
- Cut the Chinese sausages into quarter-inch slices then spread on the bottom of a pan (there is no need to add oil).
- Cook over low heat to render fat, flipping the slices over after two to three minutes, and cooking the opposite sides for another two minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the hot sausage slices and cook, stirring, just until set.
- Ladle rice into bowls, scoop the Chinese sausage omelette on top and garnish with sliced scallions.