- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, (we used Lea & Perrins)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 ½ teaspoons sugar
For the stir fry
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 400 grams chicken fillets, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 bell pepper, deseeded and julienned
- 12 stalks scallions, cut into two-inch lengths
- 2 cups sliced white cabbage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, we used a mixture of shiitake and oyster mushrooms
- 300 grams yakisoba noodles, (see notes after the recipe)
- toasted sesame seeds
- dried seaweed
Mix the yakisoba sauce
- In a bowl or cup, mix together all the ingredients for the yakisoba sauce until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a wok, heat the cooking oil.
- Spread the chicken strips in the hot oil and cook without disturbing until the undersides are just starting to brown.
- Pour in two tablespoons of the yakisoba sauce and stir fry until the chicken is almost done.
- Add the vegetables and mushrooms; sprinkle with about half a teaspoon of salt.
- Stir fry for a minute or two, or until the vegetables are done but still crisp, and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the yakisoba noodles to the chicken and vegetables, and pour in the remaining sauce.
- Stir fry until the sauce is evenly distributed and the noodles are heated through.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed.
Serve your chicken yakisoba
- Divide the chicken yakisoba among four bowls.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and dried seaweed.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.