Chicken Wakame Egg Drop Soup
- Soak the black fungus and wakame in hot water for ten minutes or until fully hydrated.
- Squeeze the wakame (do not discard the soaking water) and thinly slice.
- Heat the broth in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Strain the black fungus (again, save the soaking water) and drop into the broth.
- Stir the minced chicken into the broth.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Taste the broth. Add salt and pepper, as needed (see notes after the recipe).
- Disperse the starch in the soaking water of the black fungus and wakame, and stir into the pot.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broth is clear and slightly thickened.
- Stir in the wakame.
- Turn off the heat, pour in the eggs and stir (see notes after the recipe).
- Taste the broth one last time, and adjust the seasonings, if needed.
- Sprinkle in sliced scallions before serving your chicken wakame egg drop soup.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.