Chicken Wakame Egg Drop Soup
- Soak the black fungus and wakame in hot water for ten minutes or until fully hydrated.
- Squeeze the wakame (do not discard the soaking water) and thinly slice.
- Heat the broth in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Strain the black fungus (again, save the soaking water) and drop into the broth.
- Stir the minced chicken into the broth.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Taste the broth. Add salt and pepper, as needed (see notes after the recipe).
- Disperse the starch in the soaking water of the black fungus and wakame, and stir into the pot.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broth is clear and slightly thickened.
- Stir in the wakame.
- Turn off the heat, pour in the eggs and stir (see notes after the recipe).
- Taste the broth one last time, and adjust the seasonings, if needed.
- Sprinkle in sliced scallions before serving your chicken wakame egg drop soup.