Chicken Broccoli Rice Bowl
Chicken thigh fillets cooked in modified teriyaki sauce, tossed with parboiled broccoli florets and served over rice. If you're looking for a balanced meal, you should be adding this chicken broccoli rice bowl to your list. Chicken broccoli rice bowl will brighten the bleakest day!
- Cut the broccoli into florets; reserve the stem for future use.
- Boil about six cups of water in a pot. Stir in a teaspoon of salt.
- Dump the broccoli florets into the boiling water. Allow to cook over high heat, with occasional stirring, for a minute or two, depending on how crisp of soft you prefer your broccoli.
- Strain the broccoli florets then put in a bowl of iced water. Leave to cool the strain again. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken thigh fillets into bite-size pieces.
- Heat a frying pan.
- Spread the chicken pieces in the pan, skin side down, and cook until the skins are lightly browned and a little fat has been rendered. Flip the chicken pieces over and lightly brown the opposite side.
- Pour in the soy sauce, sake and mirin.
- Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is almost dry.
- If using enoki, toss them in until limp and glistening with the sauce.
- Add the oyster sauce to the chicken (and enoki) and toss to distribute evenly.
- Off the heat, toss in the broccoli florets.
- Ladle rice into four bowls and top with the chicken and broccoli.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Looking for Filipino food?Check out CASA Veneracion’s Modern Filipino recipes!