Chicken Broccoli Rice Bowl
Chicken thigh fillets cooked in modified teriyaki sauce, tossed with parboiled broccoli florets and served over rice. If you're looking for a balanced meal, you should be adding this chicken broccoli rice bowl to your list. Chicken broccoli rice bowl will brighten the bleakest day!
- Cut the broccoli into florets; reserve the stem for future use.
- Boil about six cups of water in a pot. Stir in a teaspoon of salt.
- Dump the broccoli florets into the boiling water. Allow to cook over high heat, with occasional stirring, for a minute or two, depending on how crisp of soft you prefer your broccoli.
- Strain the broccoli florets then put in a bowl of iced water. Leave to cool the strain again. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken thigh fillets into bite-size pieces.
- Heat a frying pan.
- Spread the chicken pieces in the pan, skin side down, and cook until the skins are lightly browned and a little fat has been rendered. Flip the chicken pieces over and lightly brown the opposite side.
- Pour in the soy sauce, sake and mirin.
- Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is almost dry.
- If using enoki, toss them in until limp and glistening with the sauce.
- Add the oyster sauce to the chicken (and enoki) and toss to distribute evenly.
- Off the heat, toss in the broccoli florets.
- Ladle rice into four bowls and top with the chicken and broccoli.