Chicken and Green Beans Stir Fry
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- teaspoons salt
- teaspoon black pepper
- 20 green beans
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 1 one-inch knob ginger peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- chili flakes to garnish (optional)
- Wipe the chicken thigh fillets dry with paper towels then cut into strips about half an inch wide.
- Place the chicken strips in a bowl. Add 1 ½ teaspoons salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and mix well. Set aside.
- String the green beans and cut into two-inch lengths.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Stir fry the green beans with ½ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper for about two minutes or until cooked through but still a bit crisp. Scoop out and transfer to a plate.
- Reheat the oil and spread the chicken strips so that they are in a single layer. Leave for a minute then stir them around. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for five five to six minutes or until the chicken is done. Scoop out and move to a plate or bowl.
- In whatever oil remains in the pan, saute the onion, garlic and ginger until aromatic, about a minute.
- Pour in the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, rice wine and rice vinegar. Stir. Boil, uncovered, until thick and syrupy (the mixture should reduce by about a quarter.
- Add the chicken and green beans to the sauce. Stir and toss around to coat all pieces of chicken and green beans with sauce evenly.
- Transfer the chicken and green beans stir fry to a serving bowl (or individual bowls) and, optionally, sprinkle with chili flakes before serving.