Chicken and Green Beans Stir Fry
Sweet, sour, spicy and salty, the trick to creating a lovely texture for this chicken and green beans stir fry is to reduce the sauce until syrupy before tossing everything in. That way, the sauce will stick to the chicken and green beans, and give them a lovely glossy appearance too!
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- teaspoons salt
- teaspoon black pepper
- 20 green beans
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 1 one-inch knob ginger peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- chili flakes to garnish (optional)
- Wipe the chicken thigh fillets dry with paper towels then cut into strips about half an inch wide.
- Place the chicken strips in a bowl. Add 1 ½ teaspoons salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and mix well. Set aside.
- String the green beans and cut into two-inch lengths.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Stir fry the green beans with ½ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper for about two minutes or until cooked through but still a bit crisp. Scoop out and transfer to a plate.
- Reheat the oil and spread the chicken strips so that they are in a single layer. Leave for a minute then stir them around. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for five five to six minutes or until the chicken is done. Scoop out and move to a plate or bowl.
- In whatever oil remains in the pan, saute the onion, garlic and ginger until aromatic, about a minute.
- Pour in the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, rice wine and rice vinegar. Stir. Boil, uncovered, until thick and syrupy (the mixture should reduce by about a quarter.
- Add the chicken and green beans to the sauce. Stir and toss around to coat all pieces of chicken and green beans with sauce evenly.
- Transfer the chicken and green beans stir fry to a serving bowl (or individual bowls) and, optionally, sprinkle with chili flakes before serving.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Looking for Filipino food?Check out CASA Veneracion’s Modern Filipino recipes!