Cheese and Kimchi Ramen
- 1 pack instant ramen, any flavor
- 2 slices cheese , any variety that melts well (see notes after the recipe)
- ½ cup kimchi, with the juice
- 2 slices cooked pork, (see notes after the recipe)
- fresh mushrooms, shimeiji was used here but oyster mushrooms; enoki or shiitake will be just as good
- finely sliced scallions
- 1 egg yolk
- chili flakes, to garnish
- In a small pan, cook the noodles and soup pack in boiling water according to package directions.
- When the noodles are partially done, arrange the mushrooms, pork slices and the kimchi (cut into smaller pieces if large) along the edges of the pan.
- Drizzle in the kimchi juice.
- Continue boiling until the noodles and mushrooms are cooked through, and pork and kimchi are heated through.
- With the heat off, lay the cheese slices on top and cover the pan just long enough for the cheese to melt.
- Carefully slide the contents of the pan into a bowl.
- Drop the egg yolk at the center of the bowl.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and chili flakes.
- Serve your cheese and kimchi noodles hot.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.