Chè Chuối, a Vietnamese Banana and Tapioca Sweet Snack
- Measure three and a half cups of water into a sauce pan. Add the tapioca balls. Bring to the boil. Cook the tapioca balls, stirring occasionally, until swollen but the centers still opaque.
- Stir in the sugar, salt and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the cubed bananas and vanilla extract, if using.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pan and allow the tapioca balls to cook fully in the residual heat (see notes after the recipe).
- Serve the chè chuối warm or at room temperature.