Buldak: Korean “Fire” Fried Chicken
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in
For the marinade
For the sauce
To complete the dish
- cooking oil for deep frying
- sliced scallions, to garnish
- Rinse the chicken thighs and pat dry. Place in a bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, pepper, honey, rice wine, sliced scallion and sesame seed oil. Mix well.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- In a blender or food processor, finely chop all the ingredients for the sauce. Taste, adjust the seasonings according to your preferences and set aside.
- Lift the chicken thighs from the marinade.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan or wok. Fry the chicken thighs until browned and cooked through.
- Pour off the oil.
- Pour in the sauce and allow to caramelize a bit (DO NOT ALLOW TO BURN!).
- Add the chicken thighs and cook over high heat, turning often, until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken thighs.
- Arrange the chicken on a serving plate. Sprinkle with finely snipped scallions (or toasted sesame seeds) and serve hot.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.