Buldak: Korean “Fire” Fried Chicken
- 8 chicken thighs bone-in
For the marinade
For the sauce
To complete the dish
- cooking oil for deep frying
- sliced scallions to garnish
- Rinse the chicken thighs and pat dry. Place in a bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, pepper, honey, rice wine, sliced scallion and sesame seed oil. Mix well.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- In a blender or food processor, finely chop all the ingredients for the sauce. Taste, adjust the seasonings according to your preferences and set aside.
- Lift the chicken thighs from the marinade.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan or wok. Fry the chicken thighs until browned and cooked through.
- Pour off the oil.
- Pour in the sauce and allow to caramelize a bit (DO NOT ALLOW TO BURN!).
- Add the chicken thighs and cook over high heat, turning often, until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken thighs.
- Arrange the chicken on a serving plate. Sprinkle with finely snipped scallions (or toasted sesame seeds) and serve hot.