Bonchon-style Fried Chicken
- Make the sauce by mixing together the fish sauce, soy sauce, ginger, honey, lemon juice and gochujang in a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave until bubbly. Set aside.
- Wipe the chicken fillets dry with paper towels.
- Using a kitchen mallet, pound the chicken fillets to a quarter inch thickness.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle flour on chicken; shake off excess.
- Mix the starch with enough water to make a thin paste.
- Pour the oil into a wok or frying pan and set the heat to medium (about 310F).
- Dip each chicken piece in the paste and fry for one minute per side.
- Transfer to a rack and cool for five minutes.
- Turn up the heat to high. Fry the chicken pieces for about three minutes per side or just until golden. Move the cooked pieces to the rack.
- Brush the chicken with the prepared sauce.
- Rest the chicken for two minutes and brush with sauce once more.
- Optionally, brush glaze on the chicken a third time after resting for one minute.
- Serve the Bonchon-style Korean fried chicken immediately.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.