Bacon and Wakame Onigiri
- Rinse the rice several times until the water runs clear. Drain. Place in the rice cooker and pour in three cups of water. Cook.
- While the rice cooks, place the dried wakame in a bowl and pour in enough hot water to cover.
- Chop the bacon and cook in an oil-free frying pan until browned and lightly crisp. Drain (save the bacon fat for future use).
- When the rice is done, transfer to a shallow bowl and mix lightly to separate the grains. Pour in the rice vinegar and sesame seed oil. Stir to blend.
- Drain the wakame and squeeze out excess water. Finely chop.
- Add the bacon, chopped wakame and sesame seeds to the rice. Mix to combine. Taste. Add salt, if needed, and mix again.
- Form into balls or triangles to make onigiri (see how to use an onigiri mold).
- Serve your bacon and wakame onigiri as a snack, for breakfast, or as a side dish to meat, seafood or vegetable main dish.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.