Bacon and Egg Mazemen
- ramen, thin, thick, round or flat cooked, for two people
- 150 grams bacon roughly chopped
- 1 packet bonito flakes
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- Heat a pan and cook the bacon over medium-high heat until oil has been rendered and the bacon is nicely browned.
- Scoop out the bacon.
- Add the cooked noodles to the fat in the pan. Toss to coat each noodle with bacon fat. Taste.
- Add salt and pepper — how much depends on how salty the bacon is.
- Keep the noodles warm.
- Poach the eggs.
- Assemble the dish. Divide the noodles between two bowls.
- Divide the bacon and bonito flakes as well and sprinkle on top.
- Lay the poached egg on top of the noodles. Sprinkle with scallions (optional) and serve the bacon and egg mazemen.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.