Bacon and Egg Mazemen
- ramen thin, thick, round or flat cooked, for two people
- 150 grams bacon roughly chopped
- 1 packet bonito flakes
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- Heat a pan and cook the bacon over medium-high heat until oil has been rendered and the bacon is nicely browned.
- Scoop out the bacon.
- Add the cooked noodles to the fat in the pan. Toss to coat each noodle with bacon fat. Taste.
- Add salt and pepper — how much depends on how salty the bacon is.
- Keep the noodles warm.
- Poach the eggs.
- Assemble the dish. Divide the noodles between two bowls.
- Divide the bacon and bonito flakes as well and sprinkle on top.
- Lay the poached egg on top of the noodles. Sprinkle with scallions (optional) and serve the bacon and egg mazemen.