Asian Coleslaw with Vietnamese Dressing
Julienned Chinese cabbage, carrot and cucumber are tossed with that addictive Vietnamese mixed fish sauce.
For the dressing
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup calamansi juice or lime or lemon juice
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon chopped chilies
- 10 leaves Chinese cabbage (wombok) rinsed, spin dried and julienned
- ½ carrot julienned
- ½ cucumber cut into thin slices
- Make the dressing by mixing together all the ingredients until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Drizzle four teaspoons of the dressing over the vegetables and toss well.
- Serve with more dressing on the side.
Looking for Filipino food?Visit CASA Veneracion for modern twists on favorite classics!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.