15-minute Mushroom and Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ¼ cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup shimeji mushrooms root ends cut off and discarded
- ¼ cup julienned carrot
- ¼ cup julienned bell pepper
- 2 to 4 stalks bok choy cut into one-inch lengths (separate the leafy portions from the lower stalks)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kalamansi juice or lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup mung bean sprouts
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Sauce the onion, ginger and garlic until aromatic.
- Add the mushrooms and carrot. Turn up the heat and stir fry for about 10 seconds.
- Add the bell pepper and stalks of the bok choy. Drizzle in the fish sauce. Stir fry for another 20 seconds.
- Add the soy sauce, kalamansi juice and sugar. Stir a few times.
- Add the mung bean sprouts and bok choy leaves. Stir fry for another 15 to 20 seconds.
- Taste. Add more fish sauce, soy sauce, kalamansi juice or sugar, depending on your preference.
- Serve the mushroom and vegetable stir fry over hot rice.