15-minute Mushroom and Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ¼ cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup shimeji mushrooms, root ends cut off and discarded
- ¼ cup julienned carrot
- ¼ cup julienned bell pepper
- 2 to 4 stalks bok choy, cut into one-inch lengths (separate the leafy portions from the lower stalks)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kalamansi juice, or lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup mung bean sprouts
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Sauce the onion, ginger and garlic until aromatic.
- Add the mushrooms and carrot. Turn up the heat and stir fry for about 10 seconds.
- Add the bell pepper and stalks of the bok choy. Drizzle in the fish sauce. Stir fry for another 20 seconds.
- Add the soy sauce, kalamansi juice and sugar. Stir a few times.
- Add the mung bean sprouts and bok choy leaves. Stir fry for another 15 to 20 seconds.
- Taste. Add more fish sauce, soy sauce, kalamansi juice or sugar, depending on your preference.
- Serve the mushroom and vegetable stir fry over hot rice.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.